Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday: Wandering Granada

my bed in the hostel--I'm pretty klutzy, so I'm pretty sure there will be some sort of mishap




I spent the morning in the hotel, planning out what things I wanted to see for the next few days. I read a book for part of the early afternoon in an orange grove by a monastery, accompanied for a bit by a homeless man taking a nap on some cardboard, which was actually quite peaceful.

After this, I was finally able to check into my hostel. Apparently, they don't close until midnight so they felt really bad about the mixup and gave me the difference of what I paid for the hotel from what I would have paid for a room for them--very generous, if you ask me!

For the rest of the afternoon, I stopped in at a tapas bar and did some writing. I just wandered about for a bit and checked out some of the public gardens. I plan on going to the Alhambra tomorrow, which is considered one of the 10 wonders of the world, so I'm pretty excited. I should have some great pictures for everyone tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment