Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tuesday: Bored in Bologna

view from the entrance of my hostel

outside of hostel--it was kind of in the middle of nowhere

statue in Bologna

statue at sunset

one of several nice little parks in Italy

So, I traveled from Florence to Bologna on Tuesday. I left for the airport right after breakfast, around 10, then caught a bus to the train station. At the train station, I bought a ticket and had to wait for about half an hour for it. The train took about an hour or so, and when I finally got to Bologna and caught the bus that was supposed to go to my hostel. Turns out the directions were wrong, and that was the way to get there at night--since this was during the day, I ended up lost (not in the good sense) in Bologna for a bit.

Eventually I straightened things out and caught the bus. The hostel was pretty much in the middle of nowhere, though, so it took some time after I got off the bus in what appeared to be a field to find where I was supposed to go.

After I got settled in, I took the bus back into the city so that I could get some food (there was literally nowhere to get food nearby, I had to take a 15 minute bus ride to get near a restaurant). I wandered around the shops a bit, got some pizza and wine, and went back to the hostel for the night.

To be honest, I think I cared for Bologna the least out of all the places I stayed. Maybe it's because I didn't have much time to check it out, or because it was so frustrating to actually get to the hostel only to have it be in the middle of nowhere, but I just really didn't like it. Good thing I stayed just the one night, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment