Saturday, February 28, 2015

Photo of the Week 7: MoMA

My favorite painting that I have seen thus far, Starry Night by Van Gogh.
Sorry this is not a picture of some crazy adventure I went on, but rather an old painting by some Dutch guy. 

Actually, this painting is far more important than that. It's one of the most well-known pieces of Post-Impressionist work in the entire world.

From the first moment I saw a duplicate of this painting, I was captivated by Van Gogh's work. There is so much movement and joy throughout the entire work, how could anyone not fall in love with it? I finally got to see it in person at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City, and I sat and stared at it for about half an hour. Being an incredibly famous work, it was surrounded by a crowd the entire time. Luckily, I'm tall enough that I can stand in the back and still see it. This was definitely a highlight of my solo time in NYC!

Here are a few more beautiful pieces I had the chance to see:








No comments:

Post a Comment