Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Photo of the Week: Halong Bay


This is one of my favorite photos captured from my recent trip to Vietnam. It was taken in Halong Bay, which has been on my bucket list since I first heard about it. The place was stunning, and exceeded the expectations I had for it.

This photo shows, in just a little bit of space, how amazing the place is. It's filled with limestone karsts and mountains. The ones you can see in the background are shrouded in mist and ghost-like. The whole place felt a little unreal, but I would be content to just sit on a deck and cruise around that harbor for ages.

This photo was taken on a stormy morning with the wind whipping around and gray skies everywhere. Luckily, it was the morning we headed back from Cat Ba Island to the mainland, so I had already experienced two full days with amazing skies and didn't have to worry about being caught in the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment